What Does MotorVaps Not Cover – Exclusions from MotorVaps Policies
An insurer or financial institution will always have a disclaimer indemnifying themselves from the resultant damages or costs of certain events. This is to limit liability and ensure they are able to remain in business, and also to ensure the customer take care to avoid such situations.
MotorVaps is the same, and have excluded the following from their cover. In the event of any of the below situations arising, MotorVaps will not be able to assist you in claiming from your policy.
Situations to Avoid for Insurance Purposes
- Nuclear Risks – defined as the loss, damage or liability directly or indirectly caused by, or arising from, ionising radiation or radioactive contamination from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste arising from burning nuclear fuel, or the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other dangerous properties of any explosive nuclear equipment or nuclear part of that equipment.
- War and Public Disorder (read more about civil unrest in this article LINK to Driver Safety Tips blog once approved) – any loss, damage or liability caused by civil commotion, riot, strike, war, mutiny, military rising, martial law, rebellion, revolution, any act in protest against any State, Government or any Government body.
- You are not covered for the following with regards to your vehicle:
- Components that were broken or had failed before the Plan started.
- Repairs or any work that has not been authorised by us.
- Any repairs if the odometer is not working or has been changed in any way or has been disconnected or replaced without our authority.
- Any damage resulting from oil leaks or for oil leaks themselves.
- Damage to drive shafts or steering racks as a result of damaged rubber boots or if there is no grease in the boots.
- Damage caused by incorrect lubricants, fuels, unreasonable use, improper servicing or malicious damage.
- Damage caused by a road accident. (This is not comprehensive insurance.)
- Damage to vehicles that have been altered with in any way from the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Any components that are not listed under the List of Benefits.
- Any components that are covered by a manufacturer’s or supplier’s warranty at the time of the failure.
- Damage to all electrical wiring.
- Service specific items or items that need to be changed at specific or regular intervals such as, but not limited to, oil, grease, filters, hydraulic fluid, additives and anti-freeze, spark plugs, points, condenser, “v” and cambelts, consumables and the likes.
- Replacement of burnt valves.
- Faults in workmanship or materials paid for by us on your behalf.
- Costs or expenses that you can recover from your motor insurance Plan.
- Towing costs where you have not arranged towing through Motorvaps as stipulated.
- Any component or part that has not failed.
- Abuse of any kind.
- Negligence of any kind.
- Any wear and tear, fair wear and tear or any damage as a result of wear and tear.
- Any parts that are worn but not broken.
- Damage to any covered component caused by a foreign object.
- Any component that is covered by another plan or policy.